According to The World Health Organization, 153 million people have uncorrected refractive errors (near-sightedness, far-sightedness or astigmatism). Most of these vision impairments are quickly diagnosed and easy to treat with corrective lenses.
Still, millions of people in developing nations are pushed deeper into poverty simply because they don’t have eyeglasses. They can’t learn, because reading is difficult. They can’t work to the best of their ability, because they can’t see clearly. And they can’t get a good job because they didn’t do well in school.
It costs Lions less than US$0.08 to provide a pair of recycled eyeglasses to change someone’s life.
For children, clear vision means a better education, healthier development and a better quality of life. For adults, it means greater employment opportunity and economic strength. For seniors it means less dependence on others.
Lions clubs collect millions of eyeglasses each year to address the need for glasses, making eyeglass recycling one of our most popular activities. You can help by donating your old glasses to us by dropping them off at the following Coppell Locations:
- Terry Laughlin Real Estate – 214-536-7550
- Coppell Family Medical – Denton Tap Rd – 972462-0762
- Coppell Vision Care – Dr. Laura Pels – 972-393-3937
- 20/20 Eye Care 7750 N. MacArthur Blvd #180 – 972-401-0008
- Elliot Eye Associates – Vision Source – 175 S. Denton Tap Rd – 972-393-8600
- Wilken Family Eye Care 755 N. Denton Tap, Coppell, TX 75019.
- Dr. Greg Gemoules – Coppell family Eyecare – 712 Denton Tap Rd – 972-462-7311
- First United Methodist Church – Heartz Rd. – 972-462-0471
- St. Joseph Village – Fern Christenson – 214-725-2321
- Coppell Senior Center – 345 W. Bethel, Coppell, TX 75019
- Tom Thumb, 106 N. Denton Tap, Coppell, TX
- Universal Academy, 1001 E. Sandy Lake Rd., Coppell, Tx 75019
- Dr. Tony Swaldi, Old Town Family Practice, 413 W. Bethel, #300, Coppell, TX 75019
- Coppell Farmers Market, Community Information Station, Downtown Coppell
Also, Coppell Families with students in CISD schools, can drop off eyeglasses with any school nurse. Just inform them that you are donating them to the Lions Club.